As a Georgia business lawyer and Georgia franchise lawyer, I provide expert guidance to help your business minimize risk and maximize success. The first step is to listen to your needs and understand your goals. Then I put my experience and knowledge to work for you, delivering outstanding legal service at an affordable cost.
Since graduating from Duke Law School and moving to Atlanta, Georgia in 1997, I have helped clients solve business problems and achieve business goals. With experience at an elite international law firm, at a small Atlanta law firm, as an in-house lawyer, and as an entrepreneur, I bring a breadth of perspective and experience to my clients.
In 2012, I formed Dosik Law LLC to deliver outstanding legal services at lower cost to my clients.
Duke Law School, JD 1997
Duke University, AB 1993
Museum of Design Atlanta, Inc. – Board of Directors
Pro Bono Partnership
15 years experience, including:
- 5+ years as in-house counsel to quick service restaurant franchisor and operator with 250+ company units and 1400+ franchised units
- in-house counsel to publicly-traded hotel operator and franchisor
Franchise and Distribution Section of Georgia Bar Association
Executive Committee, 2010 – present
Chair, 2012 – present
Numerous speaking and writing engagements, including:
- “Franchise Law Basics” (Georgia Bar Franchise Section, Feb 2012):
- “Material Changes that Impact Franchisors” (Panel and article, IFA 2011 Symposium, May 2011)
- “Terminations and Alternatives to Terminations” (Georgia Bar Franchise Section, Feb. 2011)
- “The Law, Business Strategies and Franchise Sales” (Franchise Development Conference, Atlanta, Sept. 2010)
- “Enforcing System Standards and the Risk of Vicarious Liability” (Georgia Bar Franchise Section, Nov. 2009)
Buying a Franchise: $1200
Review Franchise Disclosure Document, franchise agreement, and other legal documents
Summarize important issues for you in writing
Explain franchisor’s legal and business requirements
Counsel you about points to negotiate
“I’ve had the pleasure of working with Pete over the past six years in a variety of capacities and feel fortunate to have had the benefit of his advice and counsel. In an increasingly complex, deal oriented environment Pete’s in depth legal knowledge is invaluable in achieving a successful result. He finds ways to get things done and does so in a timely and practical manner. I have complete confidence in his ability to handle all aspects of our franchise business ranging from disclosure requirements through new store and territory sales, acquisitions and transfers. Pete is a great resource for our company and our franchisees and we are lucky to have him on our team.”
Scott Moffitt, President
Sunny Street Cafe
“I regularly refer franchise buyers to Peter Dosik for legal help. His inside knowledge of franchising and his commitment to taking care of clients make him a great attorney for anyone looking to buy a franchise.”
Anita Best, President
Find Your Franchise Inc.
“Peter by far is one of the best attorneys I have ever worked with. He has the capacity to handle a variety of complex tasks with ease, ingenuity and professionalism. He truly is a “one-of-a-kind” attorney.
Patricia Perry, Vice President